For 4 – 5 Servings
- 1kg of Medium Shelled Fresh Prawns
- Spring Onions (sliced)
- 5 Medium Size Carrot (3 sliced, 2 diced)
- 2 Medium Size Green Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Large Onions (half sliced, half chopped)
- ½ Ginger (chopped)
- ½ Garlic (minced)
- 3 Tea Spoons Corn Flour
- 3 Table Spoons Soy Sauce (Light)
- 1 Tea Spoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Dry Red Pepper
- 1kg Basmati Rice (washed)
- 1 Table Spoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Seasoning cube (I used Knorr)
- Cooking Salt
45 Degrees Washed and Shelled Prawns45 Degrees Washed and Shelled Prawns45 Degrees Washed and Shelled Prawns
Prep: 20mins > Cook: 10mins > Ready in: 30mins
- Set a cooking pot with 3litres of water on high heat, bring to boil, stir in the basmati rice, add a table spoon of vegetable oil, a tea spoon of salt and cover to steam. After 15mins check if soft as desired, strain the excess water with a sieve, transfer pot to medium heat seamer for another 5mins. Turn off heat and garnish with carrot and spring onions.
- Remove the head and shell of the prawns carefully while leaving the tail attached. Season with garlic, ginger, thyme, cumin, coriander, turmeric, onions, dry red pepper, seasoning cube and salt. Set in the refrigerator for 10mins to marinate.
- Place a clean pan on medium heat, place the prawns in it, and gently turn over every 2mins for every area to cook for 6mins.
- Transfer the pan to a lower heat, Stir in the soy sauce leave for 1min and add the mixed corn starch, stirring as you pour in.
- Add the green pepper, carrot, spring onions, chopped onions stir for 1min and turn off the fire.
Time to eat!
This is a creation of http://www.marianculinaryjourney.wordpress.com